Monday, September 22, 2008

End of Mountain Bike Season

Singletrack Escape was Saturday, marking the end of another MNSCS season. My number one mission was to finish this race -- any mechanicals or a DNF would kill my series standings, so I was more conservative than a McCain-Palin rally in a Texas church full of oil lobbyists. I wanted to ride just fast enough to get the points I needed to hold off Rich and Brandt. Well, I finished 7th. But, Rich won and Brandt came in 4th. D'oh! Not looking good (proving that it's much better to be progressive than conservative).

When I first tallied up the points it looked like Rich ended up second overall by ONE POINT. Then I remembered the bonus points. Ah, the bonus points. I did nine races to Rich's seven. With ten races in the series, you get 5 bonus points for each race beyond the seven that are required. Even though I had mechanicals and DNFed two races, I still get the 5 points for each one. Meaning, by my rusty math, that I ended up second overall by two points. I'll have to wait for the official results to be sure, but if it stands I'll take it. Here's what I got, somebody else check my math:

1 Kevin Supple 950
2 Chris Van Ert 899
3 Rich Omdahl 897
4 Brandt Elson 883
5 Eric LeBow 855

However it all shakes out, it fun racing with y'all for another year. Looking forward to more suffering in 2009.

No comments: