Monday, February 04, 2008

$100,000/second for this?

This year's Super Bowl ads are the worst I can remember. You're supposed to bring your A Game here. Most of these looked like they were dreamed up by a junior high marketing class. Racial stereotypes, more talking babies, and GoDaddy's Danicka Patrick "striptease" promo? A bloody human heart flying out of a woman's chest is supposed to get me to "follow my heart"? Smelling like Planters peanuts is supposed to get you some action? Craptacular.

The only ad I remember that didn't make me cringe was the Stewie vs Underdog Coke commercial. Coke then ruined it with the Carville/Frist ad, which has been done so many times already. I get it, they hate each other, but Coke makes it all good. Who approves this stuff? Puppy Bowl IV was more entertaining (and better branded, somebody gets it).