Monday, September 17, 2007

Theo Wirth

Rode Theo Wirth yesterday for the first time. It's definitely a single-speeder's course. No climbing and nothing really technical (at least on the "A" loop, I didn't hit the "B" loop). There's a rock section (photo above from MORC) and a few other little rocks and log piles, but it's mostly tight, twisty singletrack. It's fast and pretty fun. If I lived closer I'd probably ride it more, but if I'm going to drive somewhere to ride (which I have to do no matter what) I think I'd probably go to Leb, Battle Creek or Elk River instead. If you need a place to go crank out laps and work on cornering (my main reason for checking it out, based on Jamison's advice), or don't have time to drive to one of the "destination" trails in the Metro, Wirth is good place to get a quick ride in. MORC did a nice job, as usual.

No comments: