Monday, October 23, 2006

Red Wing Chillfest

Hit Red Wing with Richard on Saturday. The rain and snow held off and the sun threatened to come out (but never really did). Trail was in really good shape even with all of the leaves. It was about 55 degrees cooler than the first time I raced here this year. We did the expert loop twice which was fun. I hadn't ridden Stairway for a long time and forgot how fun (and painful) that is. It was nice to ride it with a geared bike for once and I cleaned the climb for the first time ever. Second time around I ran out of gas and spun out towards the top. Had an "Oh shit!" moment in the Ravine when I went over the big log pile a little too far forward in the saddle. I felt my shock fully compress and there I sat in a nose wheelie for what seemed like an eternity, not sure if I was going over the bars or setting the back wheel down safely. Thankfully, no OTB action.

Jen and Zoe came along and hiked. I think a GPS may be on the Christmas list for Jen. I had sent her off towards the overlook after my first lap. Suddenly I see her and Zoe coming down Stairway towards us. Apparently she thought she was heading back to the car. Not so much. It all worked out and for once Zoe was tired out (all weekend).

No comments: