Thursday, October 05, 2006

Night Ride
The road bike is starting to get lonely. With sunset coming earlier each evening, it gets harder to squeeze in a quality ride after work. Yesterday I charged up the lights and after work I headed down to Salem Park in Inver Grove Heights for some mountain biking. I hadn't ridden here since the Spring Cup way back in May. The trail was in great shape, but the waist-high weeds along the trail could use a trim. I got 2 laps in before dark and then got another 2 in with the lights and almost full moon. Riding at night really makes you trust the bike and focus down the trail to pick good lines. Also, there's nothing quite like barreling around a corner into a bunch of deer at night to get your heart rate up. Scared the crap out of me. I think I could ridden for another hour or so I was having so much fun, but it's a 40 minute drive back home and Chipotle was calling.

The U of M is putting on a race at Red Wing on Sunday. If the weather cooperates and I can get up early enough I think I'll give it a go. That should be it for sweet racing action this year. For the next few weeks it's night and weekend rides and then I get to learn how to xc-ski.

One more thing, Happy Birthday Jen!

1 comment:

Richard said...

Makes me think of Moab... I wish we were going again. Next year...