Sunday, March 01, 2009

So...here's where it got really interesting...


I thought it would be fun before we went to London if I did a little family history research. I knew my mom's maternal grandfather was either English or Irish. So I started looking into the Pickett family. I found a website where someone had already done the homework for a lot of the family. I followed my mother's direct line as far back as I could; to some dude named Zerubbabel Pickett from Kent, England in 1591. That was cool. Then, for some reason I started looking at the wives of my great grandfathers and was amazed to find how far back I could follow the various branches. Suddenly, I'm seeing kings and queens from England, Scotland, Germany, France, Spain, Norway, Sweden, Holy Roman Empire, Denmark. I followed one branch all the way back to 6 freaking AD. Go to familysearch.org and have some fun exploring your history. Apparently, my great grandfathers knew how to marry up.

4 comments:

F.W. Adams said...

Hey. I'm in Utah, so I know all about that genealogy stuff! ;o) Very cool that you got back to 6 A.D.--your Highness! Though, did they leave you anything?! ;o)

Peace!

MINEOPA

Chris Van Ert said...

Nah, still had to go to work today ;)

F.W. Adams said...

Too bad, though maybe at least get a crown or a throne--perhaps a pocket sceptre...

Rhody said...

Wosers that's pretty cool! Does this mean that I have to call you Sir Chris from now on?