Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Group Ride

I rolled out with the hammerheads last night, a mountain bike amongst spanky light carbon fiber aero roadie rigs. It didn't last long. 30mph winds meant the gutterball was on. I was feeling okay, took my turn at the front, but the gaps were already forming behind me. When I swung off the front and dropped back, the attack was on. I got gapped and it was game over. Our group started 5 minutes after the first group. We had just caught them but it all got strung out and blown apart from the wind. I was able to pick off quite a few, but nobody was willing or able to work to catch up with the group. So basically it turned into a 25 mile time trial. The crosswinds would catch those fat tires and blow me off the road. Crazyness. All in all, I was happy with how the legs responded. Long ways to go before race day, but good to get the rust out.

No comments: