Wednesday, August 02, 2006


North Shore
Spent a couple of days camping at Cascade State Park and 3 days at a condo near Hovland, right on Lake Superior.

The first night of camping was probably the tipping point in my campaign to have "Murphy's Law" officially renamed in my honor. We pull into our campsite and (I am not making this up) it starts pouring the exact moment I open the car door. With no sign of a letup I set up the tent in the rain. So instead of sitting around getting soaked, we went to Grand Marais for dinner. It stopped raining for a while, but everything was soaked, so the campfire was not happening and we hit the hay early. That night there were some serious storms. Lots of lightning and the thunder would reverberate up and down the shore, making the ground rumble beneath our sleeping bags.

More to come later.

The photo of Zoe was taken at the mouth of the Cascade River (Lake Superior in background).
The other photo is of Grand Marais harbor at sunset.

No comments: